JOIN THE TEAM
We are currently hiring for part-time barista positions. Click below to download an application. We appreciate your interest!
BARISTA JOB DESCRIPTION
It’s not easy to create something damn fine—it requires a diverse team of individuals with a shared dedication to their individual work, adding a little bit of themselves to create something unforgettable. At Evermore, you’re doing more than just brewing coffee and pulling shots of espresso… you’re creating an experience that has the power to make somebody’s day.
The barista is responsible for carrying out the mission of Evermore--to create exceptional and unforgettable experiences--in the cafe setting. Day to day you will be brewing coffee and tea, crafting espresso beverages, educating guests on our menus and retail items, creating artisanal food items, and engaging with customers.
- Prepare and serve drip coffee, loose leaf teas, espresso beverages, and seasonal beverages, adhering to our standards of quality
- Prepare and serve food items, including toasts and breakfast sandwiches
- Develop an understanding of our coffee, cafe beverages, menu, and merchandise
- Complete daily shift tasks such as opening and closing the store, cleaning, stocking, and receiving deliveries
- Greet customers, take orders, and process cash and credit card transactions Interact with guests beyond the monetary transaction, by engaging in positive and informative conversations
- Taste our coffee, tea, and specialty beverages regularly so that you can maintain quality standards and make adjustments to brewing parameters
- Anticipate customer and store needs
- Some retail or hospitality experience is preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20-lbs
- Ability to retain detailed order information from customers in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with a team
- Availability for at least one weekend shift is required
- Great communication skills both with teammates and customers
- A strong attention to detailProblem solving skills
Wage: Dependent upon experience, $13 - $14/hour + tip (avg. $18-20/hour combined)